Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 28

I had a semi-rough day. As I was watching American Idol, I was brought to tears by the performance and song choice of Joshua Ledet. He sang Mariah Carey's "Without You":


This song, I dedicate to my husband of 15 years. It was our 15 year wedding anniversary. That's why that song made me cry!  "I can't live, if living is without you..."

I started watching American Idol a bit late, so I missed Colton Dixon's performance. As soon as it was available online I watched it and it also brought me to tears! He chose to perform Lifehouse's "Everything":


Yes, today was rough because this is the first year that we have been separated for as long as we have been, as well as being separated on the actual day of our anniversary. Thankfully, we were able to chat the day before, and he also sent me a text message in the morning that actually woke me up! ;o) He said "Happy Anniversary! Although the distance is between us, I received all the accumulated love of 15 years, and I will fight for many more. I love you." That was a wonderful way to wake up. Although I would have preferred to wake up in his arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment