Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I DONT WANNA MOVE!!

Ok, really, I do, but I don't want to move far away. But considering our financial situation, and how much housing costs here, we may have to. Last night my hubby got into a heated discussion with the owner of our house. He had overheard the owner saying something to one of his workers about us and the house, so he decided to say something. I have no idea what tranpired, but all I konw is that they were talking with raised voices on the side of the house, and I could hear their voices from the living room. Afterward, hubby decided that it was time to start doing some cleaning in the garage. He wanted to throw everything away, and I mean EVERYTHING!! But I had to intervene- we can not afford to throw things away. We're gonna have a garage sale with the toys and clothes and other stuff we don't want. But he doesn't want to do it. He's worried that the stuff will keep collecting dust and taking up space. That's why he wants to throw everything away. I got an idea from a forum friend that I may use. Maybe sell the things on ebay, including his stuff!! HEHEHE! But back to moving. Since housing is soooooo expensive in my area (median home price is $760,000!) we cannot afford to buy anywhere here! Anywhere else is much cheaper, but again- the idea of uprooting the kids and making new friends... I am just finally starting to make some friends around this area!! And so are the kids!! But where we were just looking, there is a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home for sale at $400,000! That same size house here would be minimum $850,000. It's so annoying. There is an organization here in town that helps first time homebuyers that are also middle to low income buy a house. I think I will find thier number and call them.

No comments:

Post a Comment