Monday, August 18, 2008

What a wild weekend I had!

Wow. I'm exhausted!! It was a long and wild, but extremely fun weekend for me!

Friday I lots of stuff to do to prepare for my baby shower. But I had an appointment in the morning, so went to that. IT was just a new mother's group that was forming, and so we just hung out and talked about our kids. not everyone showed up, but I think I'm the only one that is pregnant in the group. There were quite a few newborns there too, including twin girls that were 2mo. DD was just ecstatic to see all those babies!!

Then I decided that it was time to get my hair cut, so I did that. And of course DD wanted to get her's cut as well, so I relented and allowed her to get it cut. They took of a little more than half the length, but that is what she wanted. Actually, she wanted it short and layers like how I did mine, but since her hair is fine, I told her that layers wouldn't work as well on her hair. She settled for short (just below the shoulders) and barely layered. And she looks good!! It's been a long time since she has had short hair, about 3 or four years now.

Then we got some shopping done and ordered the cake for my baby shower and picked up some decorations.

Saturday I took both kids out for lunch to Subway. Then we came home and I had them help me gather laundry and help me wash some clothes. DH called me around 3:30 to say to be ready at 5pm to go to a birthday party of a friends- I was just starting the laundry. Well, we ended up leaving the house after 6pm, because I wanted to shower, but had to wait for the towels to dry.

Well, guess what?? That birthday party ended up being a surprise baby shower for me!!! I'm amazed that DH was able to surprise me!! He's never done that before. IT was a blast. We didn't leave my friends house until midnight. Towards the end of the night we played a game of cards that I had never played before, and it must have been my lucky day because I won $24 from the game!

So then Sunday morning rolls around and we are all tired, but we still had tons of stuff to do. I had to go to Costco and get plates, napkins, silverware, and drinks for the planned baby shower, and a few tablecloths. By about 4pm I was at the pool setting up for the party. People started showing up around 5:30. The food finally arrived about 6pm.

I tell you again, I'm exhausted today, but very happy. I never had a baby shower with my first two kids, so this was one of the best weekends I've had. I'll post some pics later this week when I'm not so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment