Sunday, July 08, 2012

I don't know what to do anymore

Every step forward I take I get shoved backwards 5 steps. I cannot make progress towards anything. :o(
My own father will not emotionally support me at all, and is not able to financially support me to the degree he claims he wants to- therefore he is shutting down and calling my bluff so to speak. I don't know what else to call it.
He OFFERED to financially support me for an undisclosed amount of time, until I found a steady job and was able to rent a place of my own. We'll, I now have a job, and suddenly, when I tell him I want to start paying for some bills, he completely shuts down and says "why should I want to talk things over at this point?" And avoids talking to me both on the phone and face to face.  Then responds to my emails with biting remarks and accusations.
What did I do or say that was wrong? I guess I will never understand what happened. He has tunnel vision and cannot see anything positive with what I have done or plan to do. Neither can he accept that I am no longer a child that he can order to obey his requests, but a grown woman with a family that she is trying to reunite who has her own plans.
All I can do now is pray that he continues to get his health back on track and allows me to handle my family the way I know is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment