Monday, July 30, 2012

Who would have thought?

I never had the time to sit back and reflect on my life over the last 15 years until I had no computer, no cable, and no internet.

Well, so far I've had a week to reflect and I've made suprising reflections. The most important is that 15 years of being with one person really closed my mind to what is out there.  Like the song by Kris Allen says "we gotta live like we're dying..." I think I was dead for 15 years sadly... that's a huge surprise to discover.

If I was dead for 15 years, then these last 9 months have been a sort of gestation period for me to be reborn into a new human being, and I was finally born a week ago. And in this new week of life I have found some new things to keep me excited and looking forward to what other surprises await me.

I have a new awareness that I hadn't had before. I have noticed fairly subtle things that I hope are hints of what's to come. One thing I figured out is to trust my instincts as much as possible. Like today- SOMETHING compelled me to leave the house early and stop by the coffee shop. Was it fate? Or was it purely luck? It just so happened to be that a friend was there this morning as well, and I'm pretty sure this friend doesn't usually hang out in the coffee shop at 8:45am :o) I enjoyed this friends presence for over a hour as we chatted about everything and nothing in particular. When my alarm went off to tell me it was time to get to the bus to get to work, I reluctantly left, but not before saying that we should chat again sometime soon. I'll leave it up to my friend if that will happen, but I feel strongly that there may be more to this than a chance encounter. Call it my newborn senses, lol. I actually had butterflies when I arrived at the coffee shop and saw my friend sitting there :o)

Ok, gonna leave you with a quote of lyrics from my favorite song right now "Everything" by Lifehouse...

"And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you? Would you tell me how could it be anything better than this?" :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment