Thursday, February 07, 2013

Hmmmm...

I had this interesting encounter with a friend the other day. She is actually more of an aquaintance than a friend, but no matter... what she said totally surprised me.

So, I'm part of a group that has been trying to bring family friendly community events back to the town we live in. This Saturday is a dance we are putting on- a Sweethearts Dance. So I asked her if she was going, and she said, "I don't have a sweetheart." To which I replied, "well neither do I but I'm still going!"   And then she said, "but don't you have xxxx? Aren't you two dating?"   That's what surprised me.  So, of course I had to say "No, we are just friends."  And then she said, "well that's too bad, you two should be."  Another surprise!

Yes, I like this guy, but I have said it before- right now I have to focus on getting my kids back, and getting my divorce finalized before I start dating anyone. Its kinda neat that people are telling me that they think he and I should be together. ;o) she isn't the first, lol...

I don't know what to say anymore to the people who say that to me. Maybe I should just do what I did tonight when someone else said that- just shrug and say, "its not up to me."

Kira sandoval :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment