Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stressing times

Only 6 more days until DH and the rest of us have to be in San Diego for his court date.

I'm a nervous wreck.

I have so many fears going into this: my main one is that he will be taken away and deported directly from the courtroom. I can't bear to think about what that would do to the kids, let alone what would happen to me and the baby.

I just can't focus on anything right now other than praying for a positive outcome to this mess.

And as if I had enough to stress me out, there's more!

My sister in law decided a week ago that she was going to finally leave her cheating, lying, drunk, and drug dealing/using boyfriend of 6+ years. But of course, where can she go??? She comes to live with us! If she was by herself, I'd have no problems, but the stresser is that she has three kids. My niece is the same age as my son, 10.5, but I also have two very young nephews- a 2.5yo and an 11mo.

And they are all staying in the living room.

What is even more disturbing to me is the way she handles them and what she does to them when she is angry. Just the other day, she got angry at the 2.5yo and literally threw him across the living room. Then today, my niece got her angry and she did the same to her, but caused my niece to fall on top of the 2.5yo. He started crying so much that he threw up. And my niece couldn't stop crying for an hour afterwards.

I understand that she is under tons of stress, partly in denial that she's single again, and still trying to cope with two little kids. She yells too much at all three of them- and get's mad at the 11mo for doing things a normal 11mo does, but she tries to treat him like he's much older and wiser. Actually, it's the same for all three of them- she treats them like they should be at least 3-5 years older than they really are.

But getting to the point that she throws her children across the room, and in front of me and my two kids and their friends is a bit much.

Oh, and if I as so much as yell at my kids or throw a pillow or piece of clothing at my kids, she threatens to call CPS on me. But if I say anything to her she responds with "yeah and you can get into trouble with what you do too!" Huh? I've never actually hit my kids or thrown them like that.

And did I mention that I'm stressed out with this pregnancy??

ARGH!


I have too much to do, so I'll have to stop typing. I have to sort laundry and help hubby clean the room. More stress, but it needs to be done. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment