Friday, July 18, 2008

Great news (for me at least)

I'm finally able to get into my blog to update without fear of my computer shutting down on me during the middle of a post!

I spent $300 on having my laptop repaired- there was a virus or two, the internal fans needed to be replaced so the computer would not overheat and shut itself down, and the computer guys had to do a complete back up, remove everything and re-install everything. Now the darn AC Adaptor isn't charging my battery properly, and the battery won't stay charged as long as it should. I could perhaps buy another couple of batteries, but how in the heck would I charge them back up?? And the computer guy said to replace the connection for the AC Adaptor would be about another $300! I might as well buy a whole new darn laptop. :(

At least I finally got my desktop fixed!!! WHOOHOO! That only cost $165 total to fix. I had to have the power source replaced. And the internet finally works on it as well!!

So that's what I mean by not having to worry about the computer shutting down on me in the middle of a post- I have my desktop up and running, and I won't be using my laptop for the time being. I'm going to try and save up for a new one. Who knows how long that will take!

I think I will also post some of my journal entries that I did when I didn't have a working computer at all. Someday I'll be glad I did!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kira,
    Glad to hear your computer is working. Mine is also up and going. No thanks to the technicians who only fixed one problem and I had to wait another 3 days to get the rest fixed because he stuffed up.

    Just wondering if your visitors have moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your computer is back working. We have both desktops and laptops. We do not like to be without a computer.

    ReplyDelete