Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Next journal entry from Feb. 26

My first sonogram was yesterday. That showed that I'm 11 weeks. But it doesn't make sense. Dec 26 was the only day I could have possibly conceived. I should be at 9 weeks. But the nurse said that the sonogram is the most accurate, more so than counting from the start of your last period. So what does that mean? I don't know. Do I want to? Who knows.

I had a nice conversation with my dad today. It's been nearly 5 mo since I've talked to him. It was comforting. I miss him and my sister. She's been working at Costco part-time, dancing three nights a week, and taking classes at Portland U. I have yet to talk to her but she seems busier than I am. Dad sees her every few weeks, helps her with groceries, but he says she's really happy. I'll talk to her soon.

Maybe one of the most interesting things that dad told me was that he forgave my mom for the things that she did that led him to want a divorce. I still don't understand the full details but I honestly don't want to know. I know enough. He's found his peace with God and said he felt the need to forgive her. I guess that's good. Now it's up to my sister to reach the same point. Dad says she still thinks that mom will burn in hell for everything. I don't know what to say to her.

What I didn't write down was that because of the ultrasound my due date was changed. When I first went in, they based my due date calculated on the first day of my last period- making my due date September 25. Then I go in for the next appointment with the ultrasound, the measurements of the fetus were at 11 weeks, instead of the 9 I thought I had. A few days after that, I finally got the nerve to call and talk to one of the nurses and ask why there was such a discrepancy. For some reason when they calculate based on the menstrual cycle they have more potential of getting the date wrong. So they always check the ultrasound for confirmation. Whatever the ultrasound measures, then that is what they go with. What that means is that my due date was changed to September 15. The nurse said it's fairly common for the due date to change based on the ultrasound. Well, we'll see what really happens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment