Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Do I Dare Go ON?

So, July 15, 2006 will be a big day for me. Finally, after 4 long years, I will graduate from the University of Phoenix with a dual bachelors degree in Biz Managment and Biz Admin.

YE HAW!!!

But here's my dilemma... I really don't want to stop, but I want my life back and the time with my family back. I'm considering continuing for my Masters degree, either in English as a Second Language, or getting my teaching credential for music.

Tonight was supposed to be my very last class before graduation: the capstone course. But of course, I am short a number of credits that are required to graduate, so I have four more classes scheduled. Boo Hoo. Everyone was emotional, only a couple of us have one or two classes left, everyone else is completely finished. My very last class, officially, ends five days after the graduation ceremony. Everyone is asking me why don't I just take a CLEP or DANTES test to get out of the classes, so I can live my life again. My response to them is I don't know. But really, I kinda want to take these last four classes. It's kinda in my line of thought right now. The next class I have scheduled is on world religion. Then I have human nutrition, human motivation, and then finally business literature. I'm kinda intrigued by the names of the courses and wonder exactly what I'll be learning. It's that life-long learning idea: you never stop learning.

So what am I to do? I'm gonna be saddled with over $30 thou in student loans starting in 2007, I don't want to get a part time job to pay back the loans, my home biz is going slowly (so totally my fault), and I really want to be with my family and do more things in life. BUT I also want to continue my education, and get back into the music scene I so boldly left 9 years ago when I got married.

So that's my dilemma. I want to eat my cake now, not later.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a dilemna Kira. But I understand wanting to further your education. Those classes do sound really neat. And congratulations to you for almost being done with school! A double degree is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being so close to graduation. A double degree? You go girl!! I was struggling just to get one.

    ReplyDelete