Monday, February 06, 2006

NEED TO VENT!!!!!!!!

ARRGGHHH!! What am I to do? It seems that everything I do, or intend to do, backfires on me, ALWAYS!

Ok, Thurdsay I woke up feeling crappy. I don't just mean crappy I mean utterly wigged out. I had no energy and all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed and sleep. But NOOO, that just wasn't possible. KIds had to get up and go to school. Ok, then someone else take them. Again, NOOO. I take them, walk them to the classrooms, and realize that something is worse than me just feeling wigged out. I was sick, but I couldn't begin to know exactly how sick I was. I get home and go to sleep, not before reprogramming the alarm clock so I wouldn't forget to p/u Marie. So it seems that by the time I finally drift off to sleep the alarm goes off. Get in the car, drive to school, and sit and wait until she gets out. Bring her home, get her settled, and go back to sleep again, reprogramming the alarm once more so I won't forget to p/u Danny and my niece Edna. But this time I only sleep maybe 20 minutes before my daughter bugs me. By the time I have to go get the other two, I feel ten times worse. I get to school, park and wait. Take the kids home, drop them off, and drive myself to the doctor. Wait 2 hours to be seen only to be told that all I have is the flu, my temp was 103, and there was nothing really that I can take to stop it. Well, maybe a perscription for 600mg ibuprofen to help my aches and fever. So I get it at Target, and come home and go back to sleep.
Friday morning, I don't want to wake up, still feel crappy. Marie now has a really bad cough. Oh NO! Don't tell me she's getting sick too? Too late, she is, so she stays home from school. SIL takes Danny and Edna to school for me, and picks them up too, so all I do all day is sleep.
Saturday I feel a little better. Clothes don't wash themselves, so I take the laundry to the laundromat and spend two hours washing and drying and folding little. That was a baaaaad mistake. Fever came back with a vengence, and I drifted into a sweating, heaving, chilly sleep from 2pm until the next morning. All I can say is- THANK YOU HUBBIE! At least he finally helped me out with the kids for the first time ever. I don't remember anything said to me that night.
Sunday morning, and I'm waking up at 9 am. I get up slowly, not sure if I'm alive still- ok, I can't cut the dramatics, that's who I am. ANyway, feel ok. Get some breakfast, boy was I STARVING! I guess that meant I was better finally. Later that day, Danny started complaining that he didn't feel well. Not him too? So here comes the screwy part of my life; I get in the car to go buy some meds for the kids and a thermometer, start backing up out of the drive way when- CRASH! HOLY $%*@! Put the car into drive and go back into the driveway. I hit the back corner of a friends BRAND NEW TRUCK, with my car, put a nice corner sized dent into the right front corner behind the headlights, luckily not damagaing them as well. There went my composure. I had to get out FAST! I parked, turned off the car and ran back into the house and locked myself in my room. Was I still feverish? HOw stupid can I get? I was thinking about my kids and not worried about driving. Nightmares came back of other crashes I was involved in (as a passenger, NOT a driver). THose had been really bad, I almost misscarried Daniel at 5mo pregnancy in one. I don't deal with trauma well. I finally had gotten enough confidence in myself to drive a car and I go and do something as stupid as what I did. Can't get back into the drivers seat again. Not for a while at least. Hubby doesn't get it. He wasn't affected by those accidents like I was. Not even in the slightest. Weakness from being in bed for three days with the flu made me stupid, more than normal. I think I need to see a shrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment