Friday, February 17, 2006

What am I to do?

I feel depressed when I'm at home. Maybe it's seeing the mess I need to clean. Maybe I associate the house with being alone (read my last post to understand). Or maybe it's because I live with too many people. Why is it that housing is so expensive that people have to have others living with them just to afford rent or mortgage payments? The house we live in now is a rental. The owner want's to sell it, but we can't afford to buy it from him. We pay $2,200 a month for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house. We used to have a pool. The owner decided that it was too expensive to maintain it and drained it and filled it in. Now he's trying to remodel parts of the house while we are living in it. Like today- he tore down a window and a door and covered the holes. He says he will come tomorrow and open a new hole for a new window and door. We had a separate room, which should have been the office, but we rented it out for $400 a month plus bills. He is making it bigger now and adding a bathroom. Where my kids room is and my sis-in-law is, he wants to knock down the walls and move them three feet out, making the rooms bigger. There is lots of mold on the walls and ceiling in both rooms, and he figured he'd just tear down the walls and fix the roof to clean up the mold, instead of washing it and painting over it. I guess that's a better solution, but right now those rooms are really cold. Oh, and on top of all this, we can't turn on the heater because rats have made a nest inside the pipes. We have had a problem with the rats since May of last year!! I wan't out NOW!! Actually since September of last year I've wanted out!! NO, I lie, I never wanted to move in to this house!! But Mr. Significant Other didn't wan't to listen to me, and now we are stuck with this problem. He asks me to look for another place, but we can't afford anywhere else, if we rent or buy a house. He won't even consider going back to an apartment or moving to a condo or townhouse. He absolutely has to have a house. There's a house on the street behind us that's for sale, but he says that there is not enough sun there. He's being too picky. It's really pissing me off. This is just one more thing that gets me upset with him. WHAT DO I DO?????

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAAAHHHHH! How nuts is that? Girl I feel for you.

    Housing sure is expensive there, isn't it? I have a girlfriend in northern California who laughed her head off when I told her how much our mortgage is a month. It's only a little more than what they rented that room out for in your house. It's cheap even for where we live.

    We're looking at housing closer to my husband's job and the payment will double, but we'll take the money he's spending on gas to get to work now and put it on the house each month.

    I hope you can find somewhere better soon! In the meantime, hang in there and keep in mind that the important thing is having your family with you no matter what the housing situation is!

    ReplyDelete