Sunday, February 19, 2006

Spring Cleaning Time

And I want to scream!!! We have such a mess that I don't know where to begin. DH has so many clothes that he doesn't wear, and he complains that he has nothing to wear. Wait a minute... isn't it the woman who usally complains that she has nothing to wear? I have lots to wear myself, just nothing fits. But clothing aside, right now there is no place to store things. All his clothes are piled on top of the dresser, with some of my stuff inside. My clothes are piled in a box next to the wall because I have no drawer space. We really need to buy new furniture, but we can't afford it right now. I think that I will have a garage sale this week!! Get rid of his stuff, and some of mine that I know I won't wear. And maybe some of the kids stuff as well. I already have a box of toys that they wanted to get rid of. That shocked me. My kids wanting to get rid of toys. So we have things to sell at a garage sale, just have to organize them to have a sale. HMMMMM, maybe I'll get rid of our old tapes too at the same time. I gotta get dh to bring boxes out of the attic so I can go through them. Better now than when we have to move. Don't know yet when that will be. Another month, two weeks, a year? Oh, and speaking of house... the owner put in a new window and a french door, made a huge mess in the living room. Right now we really can't spend time in the living room like we used to. I'm gonna ask dh to try again to see if we can buy this house. Not that I really want to, but we are so used to living in a house that I can't bear having to pack again. We really need to sign a rent to own contract with the owner NOW. We'll see what dh says. If he's willing to try and do some improvements himself to the place too. But first on the list is cleaning the house and getting rid of things, just in case we really have to move.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, we have to do some big-time cleaning too! My husband and I both have clothes we don't wear. The kids' clothes go to their little cousins.

    The whole house has to be cleaned because we are going to put it on the market soon. My husband says we are taking very few things with us: my computer and desk, dome of the bedding, and one couch. I have to throw in the washer and dryer since they were bought new a year ago. Maybe we'll have an inside sale with the rest of it.

    We're like y'all though, we don't know when we're moving, just that we most likely are.

    Living life in limbo ...

    ReplyDelete