Monday, April 03, 2006

I'm trying to become a gourmet chef! (YEAH RIGHT!)

Well, now that my SIL is no longer living with us, I am forced to cook. It's not that I don't want to, but cause I have no idea how to. I mean, I grew up learning to cook Ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese, and green eggs with no ham. Me cook?? NAHHHHH! But then I was reading my pal's blog Revenge of the couch potatoes and she talked about lefovers, which I never know what to do with! I may have to try her concoction, although I hate cream of mushroom soup. Maybe with chicken tortilla soup instead or baked potato soup. Anyway I did try something the other day which actually turned out wonderful! I cooked chicken breast with a lemon pepper marinade. While the chicken was cooking, I put to boil some rainbow rotini, which had been sitting in my pantry for over a month. When the chicken was done I poured it over the pasta, and VOILA!! Instant meal! Wow, I actually cooked and didn't even burn the water this time! Thanks VeryCute for the inspiration!! DH actually liked it, and of course, neither of the kids would try it (they are in the wannabe vegetarian stage). Well, I have lots of ramen noodles to cook with...

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Roman Noodles are the all time meal for kids. My girls eat and enjoys them, so quick and easy to get something in their bellies. I also am trying new recipes too out of the kraft food magazines that I get free from kraftfoods.com. I put up 2 recipes on my Mama K's World blog under Chef Mama K entry if you want check them out. =)

    ReplyDelete